We are organising this event to celebrate the diversity of the city's international community. Food and drinks will be part of the night's festivities. We hope you can find a love for new tastes before our DJ enters and performs his international beats set.
Get tickets now and help us start spreading the word.
~19:30 reception, 20:00 MC welcome announcement
~International Beats Set by DJ at 22:00
~food from around the world included with ticket
~several dance acts
~raffle for great prizes throughout the evening
~dress: your national dress, something that represents your culture or the colours of your national flag
Event follow-up written on Friday 16 January...
Last night, nearly 300 guests joined us for a truly wonderful event. Many thanks to the people who made it happen:
- WSP for its sponsorship
- Conveyor Logistics for its sponsorship
- Emirates Airways for providing the grand raffle prize of two return tickets to Dubai
- Sabir Traders Limited for providing several fantastic raffle prizes
- Hiro Hisabayashi and her dance group, Salsa International Dhaka
- Mikey Leung for the photographs of Bangladesh
- SAR International for providing the T-shirts
Through the raffle ticket sales and t-shirt sales, we raised more than 70,000 taka for The Dhaka Project, a non-profit organisation that provides food, education, healthcare and shelter to slum-dwellers of the city.
Preparations are now underway for our next massive event: the 30th anniversary celebration, to be held on Friday 6 March.